Want to enter your film? Here's what you need to know.
Conditions for entry:
To be eligible for inclusion entries must be:
- The original work of schools, groups or individuals aged from 7 to 18:
7-12 for the Junior competition, and 13 - 18 for the senior competition.
- Completed after 25th of January, 2014.
- 15 mins or less in length* (Senior competition).
- 10 mins or less in length* (Junior competition).
*These times are inclusive of title and end credits.
How to submit your entry:
The following list of things must be included with your entry:
- DVD* (One film only per dvd) or USB flash drive or online file transfer.
- An email with a digital still image from your film and a synopsis** of no more than 3 lines of text to email@example.com with the subject line IYFY+ [add your film title here]
- A completed application form.
- A completed release form.
- The application fee.
* The films do not need to be burned as a playable DVD, simply copy and paste the film file to the disc.
** Check out our resource page for more information about how to write a synopsis.
You film must be one of the following formats: mov, mp4 or wmv
You may enter as many films as you wish but you must submit each entry with its own DVD(Data Disc) or USB flash drive or File Transfer, still, synopsis, application form, release form, and entry fee*.
Submission of Entries:
Closing date for entries is Friday the 23rd of January 2015. Please enclose your application fee bank draft/ cheque per film made payable to Fresh Film Festival. See table of entry costs at the bottom of the page.
* There are special rates for multiple entries so please contact us if you wish to submit more than 3 entries.
** Due to the increasing number of entries to Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of The Year awards Fresh may need to select the films for the heats.
Fresh Film Festival reserves the right to use submitted entries to promote the aims of Fresh Film Festival and for festival programming and publicity.
All films submitted into the senior category of the competition that fulfill the entry requirements and are of screenable quality will be screened at the regional heats from 25th February - 4th March**
If you are unsure about any aspect of your application or you would just like to talk to us before making your film here is how to contact us;
Ireland’s Young Filmmaker of the Year
Fresh Film Festival
1 John’s Square
Tel/ Fax: +353 (0)61 319555
You can also check our website for frequently asked questions to help you with your form.
Closing dates for entries
Friday 23rd January 2015